Answered By: Robert Sebek Last Updated: Jan 12, 2015 Views: 9
Is the company public or private? Only public companies provide financial information, like annual reports or 10-K reports.
To find out if the company is public, use Hoover’s Company Reports from Lexis Nexis.
There are a few places to look for 10-K reports.
- The company’s website (usually hidden under "Investor Relations")
- Mergent Online – under the Annual Reports tab
- LexisNexis Academic, select Business then SEC filings, from 1997 to present - one of the pull-down options under "Select Source" is the 10-K.
- Perhaps the easiest to find and the hardest to read are the ones directly from the SEC within their Edgar files.
- Need older reports? There is a collection of 10-K Reports in the Microforms collection on first floor.